Friday, February 20, 2009

What is more important?

What is more important: Doing what is right or what is legal?

A discussion in the LinkedIn group Leadership Think Tank

My Answer: This sounds like a typical ethical dilemma. The right answer is only obvious when the sets are (right and legal) or (wrong and illegal). What happens when the sets are (right and illegal) and (wrong and legal)? Sorry, Madhu, but I believe there are actions that are both right and illegal. Here I expose the "Killing Hitler" trump card. I can only provide my opinion as an answer to the question. Clearly there are people who are willing to take actions that are (wrong and legal). I have more respect for people willing to take (right and illegal) actions. I believe doing what is right is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment